Saturday 12 November 2011

First Post

Hello, welcome to PropaganDan, from the fingers of one Dan Shea, amateur musician, jack of all trades, master of none, expert at being opinionated but less good at getting all the facts right (I will TRY to research anything properly before putting my foot in my big mouth though). Now the obligatory self deprecation is out of the way, it's time to explain what this blog is going to be about - mainly its going to be about music. Reviews, articles and opinion pieces on anything new or old that creeps onto my radar and sets it off. There may, fingers crossed, be the odd interview. There may be posts on other subjects - thrill as I try to wrap my brain around politics, or go off on one about religion, especially that second one. Mainly, though, it is going to be writing about music (bearing in mind Everett True's maxim of "Educate, inform, entertain and irritate") as I'm not qualified to talk about anything else and barely qualified to talk about this. Therein lies the fun I guess.

Here's where I promote my own projects, too - neuroticwreck.bandcamp.com where my, er, neurotic electronic music and slow motion ballads are stored. Mood music for mood swings, inspired by the whole witch house thing. Watch this space for more on witch house.

Honourable mention for The Bordellos, too, my dad's project I contribute to now and then along with my uncle. The family that plays together etc. Currently stockpiling material for third album Idiot Savant, recorded a lot of songs for it this year - a love letter to the album.
Follow them on twitter at twitter.com/thebordellos, although theres not many tweets at the moment and I write the bulk of them anyway. They can also be found on Myspace : www.myspace.com/thebordellos , Myspace may be dead but my dad's blogs are up on there too.

Several pieces are on the way, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment